Lemon, Mint & Rosemary Lamb
Good for lamb chops or roast.
- 1-2 Lemons
- Mint sauce
- 3-4 sprigs Rosemany (or dried)
- 4 Forequarter lamb chops
- Oven temp 180*C.
- Squeeze lemon and measure juice, whatever the juice is use that much mint sauce and a little more. I work a 60% mint sauce 40% lemon juice theory. If the lemon is juicy use one if not use the 2. Mix well.
- Put lamb in a casserole or baking tray and pour the mint and lemon juice over the meat. Turn the meat over and coat well. Sprinkle on most of the rosemary sprigs. Put the lid on the or cover the dish in foil and bake for about an 1 hour.
- Take the tray out and turn the meat over. Bake for another 30 minutes leaving the lid or foil off the lamb, watch that it browns on top but doesn't dry out.
- When serving take meat carefully out of the dish and out of the fat and lemon/mint juices, discard.
- Pour a little new mint sauce over the meat and top with the last sprig of rosemary.
If you like a bit more bite try a 50/50 sauce and lemon juice combination. If you have the time marinade your meat for an hour or so first. If you are baking a roast cut small holes in the top of the meat and insert the rosemary a little way in. If I'm feeling lazy on clean up I use an oven bag and tear the bag open for the last 30 minutes. Lamb is a fatty meat don't run away from this when you see what's in the bottom of the dish, it's what keeps the meat moist and you pour it away. Can BBQ instead of oven bake.