Usually Raspberry jam slice but you can use any flavour of jam.Usually Raspberry jam slice but you can use any flavour of jam.
Jam and Coconut Slice
- 60 grams Butter or margerine
- 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1 small Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Self raising flour
- - SLICE Topping
- 1/2 cup Jam (approx)
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add egg and beat well. Add Vanilla and mix in..
- Add flour to the butter mix to make a dough.
- Press evenly into a lined slice tray (28x18cm)
- Spread thinly with jam of your choice.
- To make topping.
- Beat the egg then mix in coconut and sugar. Sprinkle the mix as best as you can evenly over the jam.
- Bake in a preheated 180*C oven for approx 20 minutes or until nicely brown on top.
- Cool slightly before cutting into squares to pop on a wire cooling rack.