- 420 gram can Chickpeas (or near)
- 1 juiced Lemon
- 1 teaspoom Dry Harissa seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/3 cup Water (approx)
- Roughly drain the can of chickpeas and tip into a bullet or blender or small food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, harissa, cumin, olive oil, salt to the chickpeas and water, try 1/4 cup and see if you need more.
- Blitz until all is blended and is a consistency that you like, adjust the water. Refrigerate.
I love cumin but it's optional in this recipe, don't like it don't use it. It's nice with a little sumac spice. Lemons are not always in the fruit basket a lime works just as well, I love the tangy taste. Personally I love this spread on toasted sour dough bread. Great spread on any salted or plain cracker. Recipes vary this is how I like mine and this recipe can be changed to any way you want it.