Green bean salad
- 500 grams Green beans
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- Cracked pepper
- Top and tail your beans then cut each into 3 (size is really up to you)
- Put a pot of water on to boil, when water is boiled drop in your beans and blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain your beans and plunge into cold water. Drain when cooled and set aside in a bowl.
- In a non stick frying pan toast your sesame seeds until just browned. Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice your onion. My preference is to slice from base to tip, not make slices like a 1/4 circle.
- Add onion, pepper and 3/4 of your sesame seeds to your beans and give a quick mix.
- Add only enough mayo to just thinly coat your beans. If you think the mayo is a bit thick, thin it out with milk first. Mix well.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the sesame seeds and add a bit more cracked pepper.
Add as much of the ingredients as you wish to your taste, measurements are approximates. Just watch the mayo too much and I personally think it takes away from the salad. Cook beans today store in the fridge in an air tight container and assemble tomorrow if you wish.