Omit the ginger and have a plain weet bix slice.
Use gluten free flour and weet bix to make this a gluten free weetbix slice.
Ginger Weet Bix Slice
- 1 1/2 cups Weet bix crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Golden syrup or treacle
- 100 grams Margerine
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup Plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoons Ground ginger
- Blitz weet bix (a boxed cereal biscuit) in a food processor or blender, measure 1 1/2 cups (approx 5-6 biscuits). Pour measured weet bix into a bowl adding the flour, coconut, ground ginger and baking powder. Mix.
- In a saucepan add margerine, sugar and golden syrup, stir on a low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the margerine mix into the weet bix mix and stir until combined.
- Firmly press the mixture into a lined slice tray (28 x18cm) and bake at 180*C for approx 17-20 minutes.
- Leave the slice in the tray to cool on a wire rack. Mix up some thinnish *vanilla or *ginger icing then ice while still warm and let cool in the tray. Cut into squares and store in an air tight container about 3 days.