A cupcake that surprisingly does taste like a donut. This is also an eggless cupcake.
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1/4 cup Margerine, softened
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Melted Margerine
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Caster sugar
- Heat oven to 180*C
- Beat margarine and sugar in a bowl.
- Add milk slowly, it will sort of split and not look good but keep going. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into cupcake papers in a cupcake pan, bake for approx 12-15 mins or until cooked, test with a skewer.
- While cupcakes are cooking mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- When cupcakes come out of the oven immediately brush with melted butter and top liberally with the sugar cinnamon mix ( I did 2 or 3 at a time) For me this mix makes 8 or 9 cupcakes.
The original recipe didn't have the cupcake papers, you dipped the cakes into melted butter then cinnamon sugared (if you do this you will need to mix more than the above amount, try tablespoons instead of teaspoons). I didn't think you needed that much extra sugar and butter so baked in the patty papers then just brushed the tops. Place an apple slice or two on top of cake batter before baking this gives that apple teacake effect for something different. They do freeze well but be aware the sugar on top may get a bit wet in the defrosting process, I defrost on an open wire rack and all is well.