This is a mix now, leave in the fridge and make later in the day biscuit.
I used my mix master for this recipe but it can be done my hand.
Crispy butter biscuit
- 1 Cup Plain flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 Cup Marg (or butter)
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Turn on your oven to 160-170*C
- Sift plain flour and bi carb soda together, set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Turn mixer down and add half the flour, mix a bit then add the rest of the flour and mix until combined.
- Tear out a piece of cling wrap and place on your bench. With your hand pull out the biscuit dough and press together. Place on the cling wrap in a sausage like fashion, it doesn't have to be pretty but if you can make it kind of even.
- Roll up your dough in the cling wrap and twist the ends. Try to even out your dough by pressing it out, then grab both ends and rolling until the diameter is about the size of a 50c piece (rolling it will even it and round out your edges). It will end up looking like a sausage. Pop in the fridge or into the freezer if you're in a hurry.
- When your dough is set to a slicable state take a sharp knife and slice into about 1-1.5cm rounds, peel off the cling wrap and place onto a lined baking tray. They don't spread much.
- I pressed in some mini M&M's on mine but you could press in any choc chip flavours (or sultanas/raisins/currants) you like.
- Bake for approx 12-14 minutes or until just browned. Pop on a wire rack to cool.