- 1/3 cup Couscous
- 1/2 cup Chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Rissoni (optional)
- 1 whole large Tomato
- 1/4 cup Corn nibblets (1 corn cob)
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh parsley
- French dressing
- Cracked pepper
- Measure the couscous into a bowl and add very hot chicken/vegetable stock. Swirl in your tablespoon of butter and cover the bowl until couscous is light and fluffy, about 5 mins.
- Cook your rissoni in some boiling water as per packet instructions. For this small amount the microwave is ideal. Add to the couscous and fork through.
- Deseed and chop your tomato. Chop your parsley. Slice the corn nibblets off the cob. Add all these ingredients to your couscous bowl. Crack in some pepper.
- Pour french dressing into your salad a tablespoon at a time, you only want enough to just give flavour and this is a very easy salad to drown. Spoon into your serving bowl and crack more pepper over the top. Chill and serve.
You don't have to have the rissoni but I like it for a little contrast in size to the couscous. Of course add more of any ingredients if you wish to your own taste but watch the dressing, you can't undo it.