A sweet corn bread to corn muffins.
Corn Bread - Gluten free
- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 2 cups Gluten free Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornflour
- 1 cup Raw Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Bi carbonate soda
- 2 cups Butter milk OR Soured milk
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Butter
- Pre heat oven 175*C
- If using soured milk get it ready (1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon white vinegar) pop back in fridge.
- In a bowl add cornmeal, GF flour, cornflour, salt, sugar and bi- carb. Whisk.
- Melt and cool butter. Beat eggs.
- Tip the bowl of dried ingredients add the milk, the eggs and the butter. Fold together until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until cooked through, check with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack.
Soured milk was used as I don't buy butter milk. I wanted a slightly finer cornmeal so blitzed in my magic bullet for a bit until I was happy with it. To me this is a sweet recipe so I'd add chocolate chips next time. To make more the savoury I'd at least halve the sugar and put in some herbs and serve warm with butter. Of course if you don't need to be gluten free this will still work well substituting flours. They freeze well