- 1 Cup Almond meal
- 1 Cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup Gluten free flour, Plain
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bi carbonate soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Brown sugar Lightly packed
- 3/4 Cup Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 Teaspoond Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Shredded coconut
- 250 Grams Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips Optional
- In a bowl mix almond meal, coconut flour, salt, flour, bi carb, baking powder and whisk.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix. Add vanilla mix until nicely blended.
- Fold in flours a cup at a time until all mixed. Add in shredded coconut to form a dough. Fold in optional choc chips. Cover with cling wrap and pop in the fridge for approx 30 mins.
- Pre heat oven to 165°C
- When chilled roll the dough into balls and place on a lined baking tray leaving a little room to spread. Bake for about 13-15 minutes or until browned and cooked. Cool on a wire rack.
Options are to add chocolate flavoured chips, chopped nuts or dried fruits. Divide dough into 3 and make a variety. If you wish to make less sweet you could cut out 1/2 cup caster sugar, play with it. If you don't need to be gluten free use your normal plain flour. Freeze dough if you wish. Freeze baked biscuits if you wish.