Chocolate ice cream
- 1 x 395g Condensed milk (1 can sweetened)
- 1 x 600ml Whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- In a bowl mix condensed milk with sifted cocoa powder.
- With my bench top mixer I whipped the cream to soft peaks.
- Turn mixer down in speed and pour the condensed milk mix into the cream until all incorporated. Do not over mix, no more than soft to medium cream peaks (when you can stick your finger in and the peak stays up on it's own, lick your finger as this tastes wonderful.
- Pour/slide mixture into a freezer safe container and make flat on top but don't press. Cover with cling wrap on the top of the ice cream, sitting it on top (this keeps it from icing up) and cover with the container lid. Freeze at least 4-6 hours, over night is best.
- Eat. It is so creamy and delicious and rich.
The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of cocoa but I found it has a much better flavour with 1/2 cup. I keep the cling wrap on top of the ice cream until it's finished. I used skim condensed milk. I used full cream cream, could it work with a lesser fat I'm not sure but if you try it let me know your results. This would even make a great chocolate cream unfrozen to have on desserts. I'm curious to know if this works with coconut cream. Because of the fat content in the cream this does freeze reasonably hard, you may need to leave it to soften for 5 mins or so before serving.