- 3/4 cup Butter or Marg
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup Self raising flour
- Melt butter in a bowl and mix in sifted cocoa.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add lightly beaten eggs slowly.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt until just combined. Pour into a lined slice tray (approx 28x18cm). Square will also work it will just be a little thicker when baked
- Bake in a preheated 175*C oven for about 25 mins. Do not over bake it should be just fudgy in the centre.
- Cool in tin for 5 mins and then using the double wire rack method turn out of tray and cool further. Cut and dust with icing sugar if you wish.
Yes this can be done with coconut oil (same amount as the butter). Yes you can use cacao instead of cocoa. You can add chocolate or other chips if you wish. You can add walnuts or pecans if you wish. Personally I think nuts or choc chips get in the way of the fudginess enjoyment. These can be made as cupcakes in papers. Yes this can be cut and frozen in a sealed container.