Cashew nut bites
- 1 Cup Blanched cashews, whole
- 7 Whole Dates, deseeded
- 1 Tablespoon Boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup Shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil, liquid
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 Cup Desiccated coconut, for rolling
- In a small bowl add boiling water to dates and leave for 5 minutes.
- Measure the cashews and cocoa into a bullet or blender and blitz to a meal consistency. Empty out into a bowl.
- In the bullet or blender add the dates and water, coconut oil, maple syrup and blitz.
- Put the cashews back into the blender to mix all together. Mix in shredded coconut.
- You need the consistency to be able to roll into balls, add a little water at a time to be able to roll. Roll around in the desiccated coconut. Keep in the fridge up to a week.
Can you coat in cashew meal, yes. Add more maple syrup if you wish, too much can take away the cashew flavour. Could you use honey, probably though not tried it. Honey is a stronger flavour than maple syrup so may change the flavour. Can you change the nut meal probably, but different nut meals have different absorption capabilities so you may need to change the other ingredients. Cashews give a nice creamy texture.