- 1 sheet Frozen puff pastry
- 2 large Apples
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Icing sugar
- Peel and chop apple to evenish sized pieces, pop in a saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and the water. Simmer until only just cooked. Cool.
- While apple is cooling defrost the pastry sheet and cut into 4 even squares.
- Without taking too much of the juice take the apple out and place on one side of the pastry squares. (Take to much juice and it leaks out of the edges to give soggy pastry). It's up to you if you wish to fold side to side to make rectangles or corner to corner to make triangles. Sprinkle on a little cinnamon. Brush the pastry edges lightly with milk, fold and press together to seal.
- Carefully place the apple parcels on a lined tray, brush tops with milk. Dust with icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in a preheated 200*C oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool a little.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream but they are nice just on their own.
Eat hot or cold or somewhere in between which is my preference. Divide the pastry any way you wish to make the size turnover you want. Yes you can used tinned pie apple. Mix and match put in raspberries or blueberries with your apple. Cloves or mixed spice is always nice in apple but I don't put spices in if I use berries. Use another fruit of your choice. Yes you can freeze the cooked product but I don't, my preference is to eat within the hour.