- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 cup Dessicated coconut
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 125 grams Butter/margerine
- 1/3 cup Golden syrup
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Bi carbonate of soda
- Combine flour, coconut, oats and sugar into a mixing bowl
- Melt butter over a low heat with water and syrup until all melted and combined.
- Remove pan from the heat. Measure the water and add the bi carb soda, add this mix to the butter and syrup mix and stir (this will then foam).
- Add foamed mix to the dry ingredients bowl and combine until all is moist. You may need to add a little extra water only add teaspoon at a time if need be.
- Press mix firmly but not to hard into a lined slice tray (28x18cm). Place tray into a pre heated 180*C oven for 20-25 minutes (it kinda puffs then settles when cooled). Cool in slice tray then cut into square sizes of your choice.
This recipe was given to me by a friend and is such an easy slice to do. To make a little fancier drizzle chocolate stripes across the top. Add chopped almonds or some sultanas to the mix. Sprinkle slivered/chopped almonds on the top before baking. Roll mixture into a ball, flatten with a fork and bake as per biscuits. It freezes well.