Basically a cornflake biscuit/cookie
- 200 grams Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 cup Self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 cups Cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 170*C
- Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add sifted flours and cocoa and mix well.
- Fold in cornflakes. I vaguely crushed half and left the other half whole.
- Roll into balls placing on a lined baking tray. These biscuits do not spread much.
- Place tray in for about 12-14 minutes or until baked. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
The above is the original recipe, it works. When making the pictured biscuits I misread and accidentally doubled it the cocoa amount so I doubled the sugar amount to fix this, the biscuits still turned out great just a bit darker in colour. I also used a margarine butter mix, I thought I had unsalted butter but apparently I didn't, the biscuits still worked well. If you wanted to make them a chocolate cornflake biscuit work on your cocoa and sugar ratio or add choc chips. They freeze well, 5 mins to defrost.